[用後感 REVIEW] Chikuhodo (竹宝堂) Z-1,Z-9 Powder brush (蜜粉刷)



I love make up brushes and always want to have a collection on good quality brushes. I remind myself on only buying brushes that I actually love and can use regularly. I did some research online on what brand I should start my make up brushes collection and thanks for the powerful internet, I realized that the best brushes in the world were mainly made in Japan and even some high- end cosmetic brands would have their brushes made by the Japanese brush maker. 



從小到大都十分喜歡化妝的刷具,覺得軟軟的毛掃在臉上很舒服。一直都跟自己說寧願把錢花在會用的好刷子上,不要花錢在一些自己不會用的刷子上,才不會覺得自己的錢亂花了。買刷具前我都先上網爬文,綜合網民的推介跟用評,品質好的刷具都主要是日本製,而且有不少歐美彩妝品牌刷子其實都是請日本的刷具製造商製造。

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






In Kumano-cho (Kumano town), Hiroshima, you may find many brush makers that make good quality brushes. Kumano-cho has always been famous of their fine quality brushes production,which originally refer to traditional brushes/ pen for painting and calligraphy. However, the demand on transitional brushes has been decreased and most brush makers has started to produce makeup brushes in order to keep the craftsmanship and business going. While purchasing brushes in Kumano-cho, you may notice a logo/ sticker indicates the word - Kumanofude (meaning Kumano's brush), this is an official trademark that indicates that the brushes were mainly made in Kumano-cho. FYI, there is another high-end Kumanofude called "traditional craftsmanship - Kumanofude"(* this is just my direct translation from the Japanese written on their official website). This special Kumanofude referring to those brushes that made in Kumano-cho, but also made with the traditional craftsmanship that has at least 100 years old. Currently, these special brushes only came in the form for painting and calligraphy. Just by browsing their official website, you can definitely feel the craftsmanship and history of the brushes in Kumano-cho are highly promoted because of the lack of young blood entering to the industry. Through Kumanofude's stores and their online store, you may purchase brushes made by Japanese brush makers in Kumano-cho, however, the brushes were only able to purchase and ship within Japan region only.


在日本廣島的熊野町裡,你可以輕易的找到不同的刷具廠家,因這裡一直都是出產高品質的「筆」而聞名。這裡指的「筆」是原是指傳統的筆:如毛筆,畫筆等,但因為這些傳統工藝需求量下降,所以廠家大部份都轉移營運路線,開始製造了化妝的刷子。同時,你會留意到一個叫熊野筆的圖案,其實這個一個已登錄的團體商標,表示你所購買的「筆」的主要部分都於熊野町內製造。順帶一提,熊野筆裡還有一個更高級的是叫「傳統工藝品:熊野筆」,這是代表所製作的「筆」於熊野町內製造(廢話!),珍貴的是,所製作出的筆是利用100年或以上的傳統技術製作而成。可惜的是,傳統工藝品的熊野筆現在以毛筆或畫筆為主,暫時還未看到有化妝刷子列入於「傳統工藝品:熊野筆」裡。閱讀熊野筆的官網時,能感受到他們很努力推廣及保育「筆」的文化及歷史,畢竟現在懂這種手工藝術的人漸漸的變少了。透過熊野筆的商舖或網上商店,你能接購買不同的「熊野筆」,但目前熊野筆所售賣的筆應只能於日本國內購買,並未能做到國際快遞。

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The most popular and mentioned brush makers would be: Hakuhodo and Chikuhodo. In terms of the accessibility, I would say Hakuhodo is more easy access compare to Chikuhodo in Japan as Hakuhodo has regular counters in some departments stores and Chikuhodo does not. If you were outside Japan, you probable can purchase both brands on specific beauty website and I believe they do international shipping.

最多人討論的刷具製造商不外乎是:白鳳堂和竹宝堂。這兩家的刷具製造商都能在熊野町裡找到,但以購買的難易度來說,白鳳堂家的刷具會比竹宝堂的更容易購買,於日本國內,白鳳堂於不少的日本大百貨公司設有專櫃。相反,竹宝堂只有寥寥可數的地方能夠購買,於有售賣熊野筆的店鋪裡也能購買它家的刷具(或是它家在指定地方設幾天的展覽,那就可以目睹刷具的風采,然後刷具get!)。如果你居住於日本境外,你可以參考國外(如英國或美國)售賣美妝產品的網站,它們應該有白鳳堂和竹宝堂的刷子,而且能做國際快遞。

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


When I search online, I got attracted by the Z Series from the brand Chikuhodo. Personally, I like to have natural hairs for my make-up brushes, even though I need to handle it with care. The Z Series brushes are made with blue/gray squirrel hair, which the hair are so soft that would not irritate sensitive skin. I know Hakuhodo does make gray squirrel brushes, but after I realized that Chikuhodo is also the maker for Suqqu brushes, I took my money out and purchased few brushes from the Chikuhodo Z Series. 

當在網上看網評的時候已經給竹宝堂的Z系列深深的吸引住了!個人喜愛天然毛材質的刷子(雖然清潔及照顧起來比較要花心思啦⋯⋯ )Z系是由超軟的灰松鼠毛作材質非常適合敏感膚質的人士使用白鳳堂也有推出由灰松鼠毛作材質的刷具,但當知道竹宝堂同時也為Suqqu 家製作刷子時算一下好像買Z系的灰松鼠毛刷子比買Suqqu的灰松鼠毛刷子更划算!(反正都是從同一個製造商出產材質也不會差到那兒去!)所以就手滑了就把竹宝堂的Z系的刷子帶回家(沒有全包啦還是要為錢包省錢)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I have my first brush from the Z Series was Z - 9. Within the Z Series, there is another powder brush: Z 1, which the brush head is more dense but smaller in size compare to the Z - 9. Z - 9 has a wider brush head, I normally use it with my loose powder and it applies powder evenly and gives me a very natural and light finish touch. Since this brush has a bigger brush head, I can set my make up in seconds, making my life so much easier. 


我第一支購入的Z系刷子是Z - 9(密粉刷)。在Z系裡,有另外一支刷子密粉刷叫 Z - 1,從照片裡也看到就是Z - 9的刷頭比Z - 1更大、毛髮長度較長,抓起來的粉較鬆散。平常我Z-9刷子上鬆蜜粉定妝,效果非常的透薄,末也能均勻的刷到臉上因為它的大刷頭,每次我可以很快的完妝。 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


On the other hand, the hair on the Z - 1 brush are densely packed which then can pick up more products. I use this brush to apply my powder foundation and because of the packed hairs, it can set the powder onto my skin with coverage. The hairs on the brush feel so soft that I feel that my face is well treated. Every time I use this brush, I feel super excited and keep sweeping the brush on my face more that it should just to prolong my happiness on using this brush.


而Z - 1刷頭的毛量比Z - 9的更密,毛髮長度較短,抓起來的粉較多、較實,所以我上粉餅時會用Z - 1,濃密的毛量能讓粉末扎實地貼到皮膚上,並達到某程度的遮瑕效果。Z系刷子的毛質非常的柔軟,每一次用這系列的刷子,心情都是很高漲,然後不停的往臉上掃。 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


While I purchase the brush, the staff reminded me to use the brush regularly (every day 
if possible) to keep the hairs healthy and shine. She said the more I use the brush, the better the hairs stay, if not, the hairs will shed or even have split ends. One thing to keep in mind is that only powder products can be used on gray squirrel brushes, if not, your expensive gray squirrel brushes will be gone in a minute. 

購入這支刷子時,櫃姐很友善的提醒我說,盡可能每天使用刷子,令刷毛保持它的自然光澤;否則,刷毛會很容易開叉或是脫落。要緊記的是灰松鼠毛的刷子只能用於粉狀形的產品,我還真看過有人用這個刷子來刷粉底液,然後問為什麼毛猛掉出來... 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fortunately, I have only experienced one to two hairs falling off from the brushes and I use the brush maybe one to two times per week. I normally wash my brush once a month as over washing the brush may take away the natural oil on the hairs. 


由購買至今,我這支刷子只掉過一、兩根毛。我平均一星期會用一至兩次,然後差不多每一個月洗一次,避免過度清洗,令刷毛失去它自然的光澤。 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


If you does not want to put too much effort on taking care of make-up brushes,  you may need brushes that are made with goat or synthetic hair. (FYI, Chikuhodo also have brushes that made with goat hair). 


如果你不打算花太多心思於維護刷具,你可以看看一些山羊毛或是合成纖維的刷具(竹宝堂也有山羊毛的刷子,可以去看一下),那些可能會比較適合你喔~ 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  • For more information on purchasing Chikuhodo outside Japan, please do check: Beautylish.
  • Chikuhodo official website(竹宝堂官網): Here
  • Kumanofude official website (熊野筆官網):Here




留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

[用後感 REVIEW] Sunday Riley - Good Genes Treatment

[用後感 REVIEW] The ordinary - Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 (透明質酸2%+維他命B5) & Lactic acid 5% + HA 2% (乳酸5%+透明質酸2%)

[用後感 REVIEW] First Aid Beauty - Facial radiance pads 柔膚去角質棉片 & Ultra repair liquid recovery 強效修復精華液